Saturday, June 20, 2015

Kiwi's unite

I was attracted to this place because of the name Motu Kiwi.
Kiwi is a flightless bird native to New Zealand and here they serve New Zealand cuisine.

It is located on Graham Street which brings diversity to this street because there is now NZ cuisine as well as Hawaiian cuisine.

As I have already had lunch, I just tried the Tua Tua sliders.

The decor was nice and they had a big metal Kiwi made of spoons and forks.

On the table, there were metal mugs and they use metal plates for the food.


Glass jar water dispenser:


★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
Tua Tua sliders:
I ordered this because there's nothing quite like it.
It is made of fish and clams.

The clams were small so I don't think they were Tua Tua clams but you can see lots of them in the patty.
They used squid ink burgers for the bun and the squid ink bun was actually tasty compared to other squid ink buns which are just black with no taste!
The patty had a strong taste mixed with lemongrass and lime peel but I wished there was a wedge of lemon or lime to make it even more appetizing.
There was Lemon and Paeroa mayonnaise but I found it a bit too sweet for my liking.
Lemon and Paeroa is a fizzy drink manufactured in NZ made of lemon juice and carbonated mineral water.

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
Anyway, can't wait to come back and try other dishes because these NZ dishes are new to me.
They had Anzac with Afghan icecream which sounds interesting but what could Afghan icecream possibly be.
Anzac is a biscuit and the name reminds me of anti depressant pharmaceutical drugs called Prozac and Cozac!
◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎
Motu Kiwi:
Shop B, Ground Floor, 
Nos. 41-43 Graham Street
Central District, Hong Kong
Tel: 3706 8074

The bill: $108

Service: good
Service charge: 10%
Yummy factor: good
Toilets: yes
Noise levels: None
Glass of water provided: yes
English Menu: Yes
Air Conditioning: Yes
◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...