Friday, February 27, 2015

Imagine cake and Earl grey tea in a cha chaan teng

Walked past and saw signs for OWL cafe but the door to it was blocked.


Beside it was some restaurant which was weird because there were some stairs leading down but strangely I have never seen these stairs before even though I walk past it nearly everyday.

I am not a fan of Cha chaan tengs but curiosity told me to go down so I did!!

It turned out that there was a restaurant down there and OWL is part of it but unfortunately it was closed because I really wanted to have cake with earl grey tea.
Anyway, I looked at the menu and they were serving OWL's menu so I ended up ordering the Pandan cake!!



I should have ordered the earl grey tea as well but I was in a rush!
There was a good selection of teas and they serve it by cup or pot which is awesome!
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
pandan cake:
When it came, the plate was so nicely decorated with sauce which is shocking considering I was sitting in a cha chaan teng!!


The cake was really nice with a strong pandan taste and it was not too sweet.
Unfortunately the base had not risen properly so it was too dense to eat.
(you can see on the left the cake is dense while on the right it has risen properly).

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
滿滿茶餐廳:
◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎
The bill: $28

Service: good
Service charge: no
Yummy factor: ok
Sweetness levels: just right
English Menu: no
Air Conditioning: Yes
◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...