Thursday, October 16, 2014

I love Cali-Mex

As soon as I saw this place being done up I just couldn't wait for it to open.

The exciting thing is that there are four branches and the one at LKF is open till late.
In the UK it is usally a greasy kebab after clubbing but in Hong Kong the trend will be burritos!

I tried the first branch as soon as it opened on Wellington street.
When you go in, you are greeted with Mexican sodas and warm orange decor.



There is seating upstairs and this branch is a mirror image of the Wanchai branch where the stairs and food counters are on the other side.


Before you order, you can see the delicious sauces, salads and meats.






The crispy shell bowls are huge!!!



There was a tray filled with avocados, a key ingredient for guacamole.

Choices are headaches because all of them are good.

First you choose your filling then you decide whether you want a taco, quesadilla, burrito bowl/burritos or the crispy shell bowl!!

I had my eye on the Spinach and Venice beach, but in the end I got the Venice beach because there were so many ingredients in it that i haven't tried such as tofu sour cream and vegan mock chicken which the other Mexican places in Hong Kong don't offer.


I loved the bowls here because they are flatter than the ones at Little Burro which makes it easier to eat.
Each mouthful was tasty with rice, lettuce, tasty sauce, guacamole and salsa.
To be honest I was still hungry after the bowl!!

Luckily, I shared a chicken quesadilla with someone and that was amazing, I loved the melted cheese in between with the chicken, sour cream and guacamole.
The quesadilla was soft and crispy.


After I finished, I sampled the fillings and I must admit the chicken in ranchero sauce was so tangy with gorgeous herbs to flavour it.
They used white meat and it was tender and soft.

The pork in chipotle BBQ sauce was nice and smokey and the pork was fresh.

Both tasted strong which go well in tacos and burritos.
◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎
The Bill:

Service: good
Yummy factor: good
Napkins provided: yes
Toilets: yes
Noise levels: acceptable
English Menu: Yes
Air Conditioning: Yes
◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...