Wednesday, October 01, 2014

A taste of Hawaii

This is one of the great things about Hong Kong, you can try almost every cuisine in Hong Kong if it exists!

It was my first time having Hawaiian food because I have never been to Hawaii or the US before.

At Pololi, they specialize in Hawaiian POKE.
POKE is typically raw tuna (ahi) cubes marinated with sea salt, a small amount of soy sauce, inamona (roasted crushed candlenut), sesame oil, limu seaweed, and chopped chili pepper.

However at Pololi, there are six different POKE flavours ranging from wasabi mayonnaise, Hong Kong to Traditional style.

Luckily, they will let you taste each one before you order so you can decide your favourites.

As I was hungry, I got the Hawaiian sashimi bowl for $90 which is served on rice or salad or a mix of both.

The decor of this place was colourful and bright.



I spotted some Spam musubis which I shall have to try next time.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Hawaiian sashimi bowl:


For the sashimi bowl, you get to choose two flavours and I ended choosing the Hong Kong style and the ginger shoyu.
Tuna has always been my favourite sashimi because it is tasty and I love its soft texture which is great with rice.
This sashimi bowl was simple and delicious because the tuna was well marinated especially the ginger and shoyu flavour while the Hong Kong style flavour was slightly tastier because it had five spice and other marinades.
While I was dining there I spoke to this Hawaiian expat and he said the food was pretty native but lacked some seaweed in the POKE mixture.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...