Saturday, July 05, 2014

Who said icecream couldn't be ROLLED

Walked past and saw this interesting place serving bowls with rolls in it.
At first I thought they were pancakes or pastries, but NO, it was ICECREAM!!!!!

Intrigued by the concept I sat down and ordered one.

After I ordered I watched with curiosity to see how they made them.
Basically it is made the same way as the cold plate gelatos (stir fried icecream) except for the final step.

It is spread thinly on the cold plate until it freezes, then it is slowly scraped with the pan scraper which forms the icecream roll!!
  

The texture of these icecream rolls were chewy and sticky.
I should have opted for plain vanilla icecream because I found it quite sweet with the strawberry sauce.
Snow Country is owned by the owners of Gum "Jeng" which is why they are served in those paper bowls.

The icecream rolls cost $38 which is about right as I haven't seen them elsewhere in HK but for its Mong Kok location it would appear to be expensive compared to other desserteries around the area.

It is going to be the new craze for the time being but sadly it will probably be copied by other gelato places who have the equipment.

ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ
雪國度
Snow Country
https://www.facebook.com/snowcountry.hk


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...