Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Great food but better hygiene required

I have never heard of this restaurant but decided to go when I saw photos of the food posted by a fellow foodie.

This restaurant has been in business since 1998!!!

I was on my way there (on the 28th June) however I ended up going elsewhere because that restaurant had a captivating brunch.
After brunch I was still hungry so decided to check this place out for the squids but the staff said they were out of stock so I didn't dine there.
She took my number and called me back on Monday evening as promised (June 30th) so I decided to go the next day (1st July which was a public holiday).

Arrived and was allocated a nice big table.

The decor of this place was really nice.


The table next to me slightly irritated me because this local Chinese guy was talking really loudly and you could feel his voice resonate in your head.

Anyway, this was a minor issue as they had nearly finished and then left so it was nice and quiet.

Started off with the soups and found a strand of black hair in it.

This was promptly changed and I didn't think anymore of it.

However when we had dessert, my friend found a long strand of hair in the dessert!!!!!
It must be a 1 in a million chance of more than one person finding a strand of hair in two different dishes!!!

Now back to the food.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Stuffed baby squid with prawn and almonds:

This was amazing especially the squid ink sauce, each squid was tender filled with aromatic almonds in the middle.
The remaining squid ink sauce in the dish was not wasted because it was delicious with bread and potatoes.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Roasted suckling pig:

The suckling pig was tender and soft, the skin was crisp and delicious.
A definite must order.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Fried milk with toffee reduction:


This was a bit sweet but I loved it, it had a light crispy coating and inside there was curded milk flavoured by the delicious toffee sauce.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

The food was great so I do intend to go again.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
1/F, Shun Ho Tower, 24-30 Ice House Street,, Central

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...