Monday, May 26, 2014

Blood thirsty for a bloody juicy steak!!!

I have always wanted to try this place but it is located on Peel Street so you have to walk up that steep street.

Basically it is fixed at $258 with 10% service charge on top and all you get is a salad, steak and unlimited fries.
All you need to do is choose is how well you want your steak done.

The price might put some people off but after seeing consistently done steaks I was convinced to go.
On my first visit, I went alone because it was fuss free eating by myself.

It was a quiet day but I still had to sit by the bar.
When I left, the place was still half empty.

The baguettes were placed first which were crusty and chewy.
I was not sure if it was sourdough because they were slightly sour.

The salad was disappointing because they were probably made the night before and the leftovers were served during lunch because the salad was no longer crisp.


The leaves were severely yellow and oxidised.

I spotted some Japanese Kewpie mayonnaise at the kitchen.

After a while, my steak arrived.





The steak was juicy and delicious on its own, however the fries were fried twice and and not golden yellow which were rubbish.
I asked for salt assuming it was seasalt by default but it was table salt.

After asking for seasalt I finally got Maldon's smoked seasalt.


On the second visit, I requested for sea salt expecting the smoked salt that I got last time but it was plain seasalt!!!!!!

For the two steaks, I requested for RARE and a MEDIUM RARE.
The rare was rare as requested but it was bloodless and not as juicy as the Medium rare indicating that the quality and freshness was inconsistent.
The steak which was meant to be a trimmed entrecote steak was not trimmed properly and was very fatty.

On a fourth visit, the steak was nice and juicy but there was a gamey taste to it.
It would be great if their steaks were consistent and not getting a good steak by luck.

The Saturday lunchtime staff are not as professional as the evening staff.

The dessert that was given free over lunch were just puffs with icecream in the middle, nothing to be missed because the paid desserts in the evening are better.




◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎
La Vache!
G/F, 48 Peel Street, Central

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...