Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The new Belgian Waffle concept - WAFFILLS

When I was on my way to a tasting nearby, I spotted this brightly lit Waffle shop!
It's logo is distinctive, bright and bold illustrating only one thing, a WAFFLE.
The name WAFFILLS has hidden meanings in it.... Waffles FILL you up....Waffles FILLED with fillings...

Anyway, I was thrilled to see they do savoury waffles.
There are five savory waffles on the menu:
- Cheese burger waffle
- BBQ pulled pork
- Chicken tikka massala
(chicken, red pepper, red chili, garam masala)
- Thai prawn
(prawns, thai spices, tomatoes and coconut milk)
- The vegetarian waffle
(cauliflower, peas, carrots, potatoes and lentils)

Ironically, there used to be a waffle shop here called Waffle Dog but I can't remember it's exact location but it was roughly on this spot or next door.

I ended choosing the plain waffle with cream and caramel sauce.

The waffles here are different to the ones you get elsewhere because the square indents are much bigger and the thickness is thinner.
To my amazement, the taste was as light as wafer with a light chewyiness.
The sweetness was just right too.


★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Chicken Tikka waffle:

I loved the box because it made it easier to eat without getting my fingers sticky or burnt.

It was simply delicious, I loved the structure of it because it was actually two waffles fused together with filling in the middle and not two loose waffles with filling just about to fall out.
The taste of the waffle was not sweet which was great because I am fed up with all these Asian places doing savory items with sweet breads and pastries.
They are just like the French crepes were they use proper savory bases for savory crepes.
Anyway, I loved the savoury taste and the chicken tikka filling was gorgeous in delicious gravy with pieces of onion and tender chicken and it was not too spicy either.

While your waiting, you can always doodle on their board with chalk.

◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎
Waffle Wishlist!
-Walliconcarne (Chili con carne)
-Waffamole (Guacamole and sour cream)
-Waffito (burrito fillings)
-Waffast (egg, sausage)
-Winglish (Cheese and Ham or Egg)
◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎Shop: WAFFILLS
G/F 124 Leighon Road, Causeway Bay
T : 2613 9600
facebook.com/waffills

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...