Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Japanese tea ceremony at Yamazato (Macau)

To be honest, I was attracted by this pearlescent ball.
I found out that this room was used for Japanese tea ceremonies so I booked the tea ceremony to experience this lovely tea room.

When I arrived, I was given a sheet of instructions about the tea ceremony and how it is conducted.


















It does not matter if you don't read it because the Japanese lady will instruct you again inside.





After you have read the instructions, you are given some Japanese wagashi before going in the room because the tea is going to be bitter.


I found the wagashi a bit sweet, one of them had red bean puree and the other tasted like compacted sugar powder.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Entering the tea ceremony room:



Before you enter, you have to wash your hands using the Japanese bamboo ladle.


When you get inside, there are some Japanese teaware.

When you are inside comfortably (I actually found it uncomfortable because I can't cross my legs or kneel properly).


To see a video, scroll down to the bottom.

The Japanese lady starts the tea ceremony and makes you a cup of tea which you drink.

She will then pass the bowl to you which you turn clockwise and then drink it.
When you drink it, she will instruct you to make some noises when you drink.



After you have finished, you wipe the bowl with your right thumb and then use the tissue provided to clean it.






Lastly, you turn the bowl over to appreciate it.



★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Japanese tea:
I found the Japanese tea quite nice, it was much nicer than the bitter ones because it did not have any grassy taste.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Then it was my turn to make some Japanese tea. The green tea powder has already been placed into the bowl, so all you have to do is get some water from the container and pour it in the kettle and get the water and pour it in the bowl.

After I did that, I had to mix it with their special Japanese tea brush.


Japanese tea (MADE BY ME):



I did not mix it too well and put too much water because it tasted quite bland.
The temperature of my tea was much hotter so I preferred the one she made.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

When the ceremony is finished, you sit outside and have a last cup of tea.

You can also take more photographs outside the room as well.

The tea ceremony costs MOP230 plus 10% service charge and lasts for approximately 40 minutes.
Available from 1500-1800 (Tuesday to Sunday)
Advance booking is required.

Video of the tea room:



◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎
Price: MOP230
Service: good
Service charge: 10%
English Menu: Yes
Air Conditioning: Yes
◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...