Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Back for more Beautifood with da beautacious chefs

The food was so delicious last time so I was back for more.
My title should be beautiful chefs to be correct but the chefs are guys so it sounds a bit weird using the word beautiful, so I used beautacious!
This time I dined there so there was a 10% service charge.

I was really hungry so I ordered the Veg Yuba tacos and the sushi burrito.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Cantonese steamed fish:
In my previous review I forgot to mention the design of this sushi burrito.
There is a twisted end at the end of the wrapper which is designed to make the sushi come out when you twist it like lipstick.
They reminded me of sushi poppers which comeout by pushing the stick at the end.
The taste of this cantonese steamed fish was slightly different this time. There was no chili in it because the version I had before was modified to this one because it was too spicy.
The taste was still as nice as the first time because of the sauces and silky fish but rice was firmer this time and held together.
The sushi burrito also seemed bigger than the first time. I wonder if they made them bigger.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Vegetarian Taco trio:
This was three all vegetarian yuba tacos filled with roasted pumpkin with cream cheese, eggplant with yellow miso and porcini mushrooms with onion cream.
For the porcini mushrooms please see my previous review.
Roasted pumpkin with cream cheese
I wish there was more cream cheese in it because the taste of cream cheese was not that prominent.
The pumpkin was a bit too sweet for my liking. It would be good if they replaced the pumpkin with potatoes but that is my personal preference.
Eggplant with yellow miso
This was quite nice, it was molten eggplants with miso sauce inside with crispy spring onions.
Out of the three yuba tacos, my favourites were the porcini mushrooms and eggplant.
But in general I love these tacos and I hope to see more flavours in future.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...