Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Spoiled brat Supersupergirl spoiled by BRAT

I have always wanted to dine here but this restaurant was hard to find.
When they had the popup store at Landmark, I went but they did not serve the full menu, so I went to this branch.
Menu @ the Landmark popup store
Menu @ the Landmark popup store
 
The full menu is listed simply on an A4 sheet of paper. Since I wanted to try so many sausages I ordered the sausage sampler.

I dined at BRAT because I am not fond of pork/beef sausages although I do eat them especially the proper British ones, but at BRAT they have vegetarian and chicken based sausages.
Interestingly there are two vegetarian ones and they are the most expensive at $108 each a la carte.

On the menu, they have 15 different sausages which is quite a choice, and just over half were chicken/turkey based sausages so I had a hard decision choosing which four for the sausage sample.

The choices were: Artichoke, Bourbon, Brat, Chipotle, Chorizo, Frank, Gruyere, Habaneros, Italian, Lemon, Pesto, Portobello, Sun dried tomatos mozzarella, Vegetarian Italian and Vegetarian Choptle.

The four that I selected happened to be mostly chicken and turkey based.
As well as the sausage sampler I ordered the Fries with truffle mayo.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
The sausage sampler came with two pickles and two sauces, the four sausages I ordered were Lemon, Portobello, Artichoke and Vegetarian. Lemon (Chicken & Turkey based sausage)
This sausage had Lemon, tarragon, fennel seed and red pepper in it.
I was hoping the lemon would taste strong but it was not and I could only taste lemon rind.

Portobello (Chicken & Turkey based sausage)
This sausage had Portobello mushrooms, dried mushrooms, porchini and sage in it.
This was really nice, not only could you smell the mushrooms you could also taste and see bits of it in it as well.
The colour of this sausage looked like if it was made from pork if you compare it to the lemon.

Artichoke (Chicken & Turkey based sausage)
This sausage had Artichoke hearts, garlic, sun dried tomatoes in it.
The artichoke taste could have been stronger but all I could taste was the dried tomatoes.
The colour of this sausage looked like if it was made from pork if you compare it to the lemon.

Vegetarian
This sausage had Aubergine, red wine, garlic, fennel, gluten in it.
I found this one the saltiest but it was the nicest, however it was slightly dry but I loved the caraway seeds in the sausage.

For the pickles I was given Relish and Saukeraut and for the sauces Whole grain and Dijon mustard. Other sauces and condiments I would have liked to try as well: truffle dijon, mature cheddar and sauteed mushrooms.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Fries with truffle mayo: They served French fries and the fries were perfectly done.
Although the fries were nice on its own, the mayonnaise was really nice too, it was thick and creamy with strong truffle taste.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...