Thursday, October 18, 2012

茶kha。Tea家 relaxation with elegance

I have long wanted to dine here since I saw pictures of the Victorian Sponge and the green tea cheesecake that accidentally had a runny centre.
The Victoria sponge is a British cake and a rare item in Hong Kong and I don’t know why.

In terms of dining at Teakha I have not had much luck with it because it was either closed or packed with people and as well as having trouble locating it many times.
I was so close to it a few times but this teahouse is well hidden.

Teakha is opened by Nana Chan who is from Taiwanese which explains why there were Taiwanese sausages served at one point with the breakfasts.

When I got there, the items that I wanted to try were not served so I had to try other stuff.

That day I tried the caramelized lemon tea and hochi-cha icecream and the green tea cheesecake.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
caramelized lemon tea: Initially I thought it was lemon sweetened with caramel but it was actually lemon tea made with caramelized lemons. At the bottom of the glass I found some honey which is nicer than syrup.
The lemon tea tasted quite nice and it was good that they used honey which is a natrual sweetener.
There was no bitterness to the tea.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
hochi-cha icecream: I really liked this ice-cream, the sweetness was just right. It reminded me of the ice-cream at LabMade because it was sprinkled with bits of crispy toast, and the crisps tea leaves reminded me of the crisp tea leaves in the sandwich I had a Sinmei.
The icecream had a really nice strong tea taste and the coldness of the icecream made the milkyness taste more prominent.
I liked the pieces of fine crispy toasts on the ice-cream because it gave it a delicate crunch without adding sweetness or a buttery taste to the ice-cream that cookies/shortbread does.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
green tea cheesecake: As expected the accidental runny centre in the green tea cake had been fixed.
The cheesecake was lovely and soft with an equal balance of green tea and cheese that you can taste both.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Photos of Teakha:
As well as the gourmet food, the surroundings was also nice but slightly cramped.
rope cording for the lights: Tea contained in a metal container typical found in Chinese teahouses: Other pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...