Thursday, July 19, 2012

The crouching Kitteness of TinHa Village


 
This restaurant is easy to locate if you know where the hospital is!

However if you approach the village from the hospital/roundabout end it is locked and it looks scary.

But anyway, walk along that road and you will see an MTR sign pointing to the footbridge and that is where it is located.
When I entered the village, there was a dog which was scary because the village ones are usually fierce.
I walked slowly and cautiously but luckily this one just laid there!
Oh dear! A dog!
Oh dear! A dog!
 
hope it dosnt bite!
hope it dosnt bite!
 
It even looked to the camera for a picture!
Close up!!
Close up!!
 
After passing the dog, and stepping in this restaurant, I was greeted by this woman with such a warm smile!
Initally I thought it was Kitty, but it was not her.
Although she had that sales smile it was not that irritating, but later her actions proved to be salesy.

I came here especially for the noodles in sesame sauce which is not alway available, so I asked her if it was available today and she said it was available, so I said I would like to order that, she imediately passed the order to the kitchen. She felt that I was going to leave if I couldnt find anything else on the menu that I wanted, but there were two other dishes I was going to order as well.
There was also steamed flower crab in HuaDiao which I wanted to try but could not find on the menu.
Finally found the other two items on the menu and ordered it.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Noodles in sesame sauce (crystal noodles)
This is not always available and I could not find it on the menu.
Although it looks really heavy, the taste and texture was so light.
This dish was bliss, I do not like sweet food but I liked it because of the sweetness.
The noodles were made from the meat of young coconut that is scraped out carefully so that it is in noodle form and mixed with delicious sesame sauce with the refreshing balance of tomato pieces.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Squid patty with vegetables
The Chinese name for this was interesting because you wouldnt know it is a patty unless you have read the reviews.
The patty texture was so soft and light and the coating was fried just right.
The sauce was a bit too strong but still nice.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Vegetables in soup with dried prawns
This dish was lovely and healthy with lots of vegetables and generous soup that had no MSG!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Rice
I didnt know the cost per bowl but the rice was slightly yellow.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
After the food was finished, this was the first time I felt she was salesy as she told me the egg white dessert was really good and asked me to try, but when I asked if it was complimentary, she didnt answer which was quite funny, but overall the food and service was ok.

The air conditioning was annoying, it was too cold and cooled the food too fast.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Awards and pictures of Kitty and celebrities
awards cabinet
awards cabinet
 
picture of Kitty and various celebs
picture of Kitty and various celebs
 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...