Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Croissants with molten fillings

There used to be this famous croissanterie which sold filled croissants called Le Salon Restaurant et Croissanterie.
Compared with Urban bakery, you either liked Le Salon or Urban bakery.
For me, I liked Le Salon because it was less buttery but Hong Kongers for some weird reason like Urban bakery because they like that sick buttery taste.
Anyway, I was on my way to the MTR when I saw this bright shop with posters of croissants filled with a green molten filling 流心, the new hype in Hong Kong.


I wasn't keen at first because I thought they were going to be localized sickly croissants but anyway went in and they had Spinach Quiche which gives you reassurance that it is not that Chinese.



Unfortunately, the green pistachio filled croissant was sold out but they still had the hazelnut so I got that.

The croissant was really impressive because it was not that buttery or oily and when I ate it, the taste was amazing, the hazelnut paste was decent, it was made of real grounded hazelnuts and there was quite a fair amount of grounded hazelnuts in it.




The hazelnut filling tasted really natural as well and it was not even creamy which was fantastic.
I am so glad I stumbled upon this bakery because the standard is a bit like La salon Restaurant et Croissanterie but they have caught the molten filling hype and called them 流心牛油酥.
Can't wait to try the pistachio one next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...