Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Encounter with the silver straw @ 貢茶 Gung Cha

The shop name and design gives it a ancient dynasty feel about it, almost like crouching tigers, when the shop is actually from Taiwan.

Only 6 series of drinks available 1) Foamy milk tops with various teas, 2) Plain teas 3) Milk teas 4) Fancy drinks 5) Fruit concoctions.

Anyway I chose the Foamy milk top with green tea, because the Taiwan teas do not usually mix milk with the lighter teas, ie green tea, unless it is the flavoured ones such as taro milk tea.

The cup was big, same as Easy drink Easy Go, clear green tea at the bottom with a layer of foamy milk on top. I was rather impressed with the straw, because it was silver, my favourite colour, and first time I have seen a silver straw, also it was rigid.

I poked the straw in without stirring the tea and milk together to try the green tea, tasted the Jasmine aroma and the sweetness of the sugar. I drank almost half without stirring the milk, then I set the drink aside, the milk itself slowly infused with the tea, turning from a clear colour to milky toffee colour.

After it was mixed properly, it was nice and creamy, it reminded me of clotted cream, since some of it remained slightly clotted in little lumps. A totally different taste to the plain green tea, very smooth and silky, and almost like drinking a very light cream.

Then finally, after finishing the drink, there should be cream on the lid which you can also indulge into it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...